As part of the M3 group, Edanz is a Japan-based company focused on delivering high-quality scientific, clinical and biomedical manuscript publication support services and specialized research support services. Edanz provides scientific and language support services, manuscript development, gap and situational analyses, strategic publication plans, protocol design, and educational tools and solutions to individual researchers as well as pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
We are currently looking for a full-time Editorial Support Consultant to join our in-house Researcher Services Team. This is a Japan-based work-from-home position. The Editorial Support Consultant will be available to work during Japan business hours (Mon-Fri, 09:30-18:30 JST).
Teamwork, good communication and initiative are highly valued skills for in-house editorial responsibilities. Role duties include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing and providing feedback on the work of freelance experts (including editors and research consultants) in a wide range of scientific fields, but especially in the medical/clinical sciences
- Assigning editing and editing-related work to freelancers and participating in freelancer recruitment and on-boarding as needed
- Working closely with other teams (publication support, marketing, education, product) to provide highest-quality services and products
- Fielding client and freelance expert queries
The Researcher Services team includes staff from many different countries and backgrounds (Japan, Australia, England, Latvia, US, Iran, etc.). Cultural fit with the team and ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural environment are required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
- Self-starter and able to solve complex problems independently
- Computer literate and comfortable learning new software and systems
- MSc in the biomedical sciences or clinical research experience or equivalent prior to July 2022; PhD or MD preferred*
- Must have completed secondary and higher education in a country where English is the primary language of education OR full demonstrable professional fluency in English
*BSc with demonstrable substantial experience in and knowledge of medical research publishing will be considered
Desired experience, credentials and skills
- BELS certification and/or equivalent
- Biomedical/clinical research experience at the PhD level or higher OR experience with clinical trials at a Contract Research Organization
- First or primary author of a manuscript published in a peer-reviewed international journal within the last 5 years OR can demonstrate at least 2 years' medical communications experience
- English AND Japanese or Chinese language ability
Vacancy open until filled
Please send a CV and cover letter with “In-house Editorial Support Consultant Position" in the subject line of your email to Ayli Chong, Researcher Services Manager, at achong [at] edanz.com. The cover letter should explain how you meet each of the minimum criteria (and desired criteria, if applicable).
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
The successful candidate will pass initial screening, interview(s), a skills assessment and reference check. Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.