As part of the M3 group, Edanz is focused on delivering high-quality scientific and biomedical manuscript publication support services and specialized research support services.
Edanz provides scientific and language support services, manuscript development, gap and situational analyses, strategic publication plans, protocol design, and educational tools and solutions to individual researchers as well as pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
We are currently looking for a full-time, in-house team Project Manager to join our Author Support Team, which comprises 10+ in-house staff in our Fukuoka office as well as team members in Tokyo and Beijing.
Role duties include
● Assessing, quoting and managing medical manuscript writing and development projects
● Providing feedback to and managing freelance experts (including editors, reviewers, medical writers and translators)
● Assigning work to freelancers and participating in freelancer recruitment and on-boarding as needed
● Working closely with other teams (account managers, marketing, education, product) to provide highest-quality services and products
● Potentially working with our Medical Communications team to manage medical writing projects for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies
● Representing the company at domestic and international conferences and outreach activities
The Author Support Team includes staff from many different countries and backgrounds (Japan, China, UK, Latvia, US, Iran, etc). Cultural fit with the team and ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural environment are required.
● Must have received at least an MSc in biomedical sciences or clinical research prior to July 2020 or equivalent; PhD or MD preferred
● Must have completed secondary and higher education in a country where English is the primary language of education OR full demonstrable professional fluency in English
● Must have been first or primary author of a manuscript published in a peer-reviewed international journal within the last 5 years OR at least 2 years’ demonstrated medical publication project management experience
● Resident in Japan with the ability to travel domestically as needed or willingness and ability to relocate or based outside of Japan with the ability to travel to Japan as necessary for training.
● CMPP certification and/or medical communications experience
● Biomedical research experience at the PhD level or higher OR experience managing clinical trials at a Contract Research Organization
● English AND Japanese or Chinese language ability
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
● Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
● Self-starter and able to solve complex problems independently
● Computer literate and comfortable learning new software and systems
Location and hours
The role is based at the Edanz head office in Fukuoka, Japan. The position is full-time but hours are somewhat flexible and remote work is possible for the right candidate.
Paid leave in accordance with Japanese law + 2 paid sick days.
Offer package will reflect qualifications, experience and current housing situation.
As soon as available
Please send a CV and a cover letter with “In-house Project Manager” in the subject line of your email to Dr. Geraldine Echue, Managing Editor, at gechue [at] edanzgroup.com.
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.