As part of the M3 group, Edanz is a Japan-based company focused on delivering high-quality scientific, clinical and biomedical manuscript publication support services and specialized research support services. Edanz provides scientific and language support services, manuscript development, gap and situational analyses, strategic publication plans, protocol design, and educational tools and solutions to individual researchers as well as pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
We are currently looking for a full-time Project Manager to join our in-house Researcher Services Team. This can be a Japan-based or remote position. The Project Manager will be available to work during Japan business hours (Mon-Fri, 09:30-18:30 JST) in principle.
The position involves managing a variety of writing projects as well as supporting the in-house editorial team:
Writing projects are predominantly in the medical, clinical and biomedical fields. They include providing custom solutions for manuscript development projects, coordinating manuscript revision/rewriting projects, managing the development of strategy reports and literature summaries/reviews, and overseeing the creation of graphical enhancements for articles and presentations. The project manager is responsible for the successful delivery of high-quality projects that satisfy client needs on time and on budget.
In-house editorial support includes fielding client and expert queries, performing internal reviews of work completed by subject-matter experts, and assigning editing and editing-related jobs to Edanz’s pool of over 300 freelance experts. Teamwork, good communication and initiative are highly valued skills for in-house editorial responsibilities.
Role duties include:
* Assessing, quoting and managing medical manuscript writing and development projects
* Reviewing the work of freelance experts (including editors, research consultants, reviewers, medical writers and translators) and providing feedback
* Assigning work to freelancers and participating in freelancer recruitment and on-boarding as needed
* Working closely with other teams (publication support, marketing, education, product) to provide highest-quality services and products
* Potentially working with our Pharma team to manage medical writing projects for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies
* Representing the company at domestic and international conferences and outreach activities as needed
The Researcher Services team includes staff from many different countries and backgrounds (Japan, Australia, England, Latvia, US, Iran, etc.). Cultural fit with the team and ability to work cooperatively in a multicultural environment are required.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
* Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
* Self-starter and able to solve complex problems independently
* Computer literate and comfortable learning new software and system
* Must have received at least an MSc in biomedical sciences or clinical research experience or equivalent prior to July 2022; PhD or MD preferred
* Must have completed secondary and higher education in a country where English is the primary language of education OR full demonstrable professional fluency in English
* Must have been first or primary author of a manuscript published in a peer-reviewed international journal within the last 5 years OR can demonstrate at least 2 years’ medical publication project management experience
Desired experience, credentials and skills
* CMPP certification and/or medical communications experience
* Biomedical/clinical research experience at the PhD level or higher OR experience managing clinical trials at a Contract Research Organization
* English AND Japanese or Chinese language ability
Vacancy open until filled
Please send a CV and cover letter with “In-house Project Manager Position” in the subject line of your email to Ayli Chong, Acting Researcher Services Manager, at achong [at] edanz.com. The cover letter should explain how you meet each of the minimum criteria (and desired criteria, if applicable).
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
The successful candidate will pass initial screening, interview(s), a skills assessment and reference check. Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.